serving

Elder Marcus Wharton is laboring in the Kentucky Louisville Mission.

Monday, August 27, 2012

6-24-12

Dear Family,
 
Wow, some great fun over there.
 
Great news for this week: Brother and Sister Thorn were asked to share their conversion stories at a mission home fireside yesterday. It was super awesome! Their conversion story is so long I can't type it all right now... maybe I can get them to type it ;p. So they did an awesome job and another investigator there (the purpose of the firesides is to have the converts give the story and others can bear their testimonies so the missionaries can have investigators come hear). The other investigator felt more thrilled to want to get baptized and because of the testimonies of the Thorns, I'm sure that's what sealed the deal.
So I told y'all last time, I think, that Brother Thorn came to teach with us at Chris D. house and he did a great job. Well Chris D. was gone out of town this past week but yesterday night his wife texted us and said that he's ready to take the baptismal lessons over again to get him ready for baptism!! Man, I'm super excited. The Thorns are perfect member missionaries. Currently we have Sister Thorn trying to help us fellowship one of our investigators as well. :)
So about three weeks ago we got a new Ward Mission Leader and he's really good! He's magnifying his calling really well. The Spanish in the ward is starting to grow too (very slowly, but surely). I'm really excited for his ward and my goal before I leave (or at least before Elder Allen leaves) is to have the dividers at the back of the sacrament meeting to open up from getting many people to come to church.
 
Love y'all
Elder Wharton

No comments:

Post a Comment