serving

Elder Marcus Wharton is laboring in the Kentucky Louisville Mission.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

9-19-11


Dear Family,
Wow! A lot of stuff happened while I was gone. Penelope looks so cute! My Companions and I found a computer lab where we can go on "P day" to type to our families. They have computers in the laundry room but it's pretty crouded in there. Remember Dalton's photo of the laundry room? It's almost like that. This will be my last email from the MTC since I will be in Kentucky at about 6:00pm Monday September 26th.
That's pretty awesome that Dannyn got his mission call to Ogden. We just had some missionaries who left last week to go to Ogden; they were sweet and gnarly! Tomorrow, the older elders in our zone are leaving for Hawaii. I told them to tell Elder Dahl that Texas misses him... and Elder Wharton says hi.
Now that the older group is gone my district is the oldest, or otherwise known as the "Veteran Elders", as if we owned the place. But not really, there are tons of Missionaries that are going to be here for a period of 9 weeks. I've only been here for about one and a half weeks. I actually met some Elders that are going to the San Antonio, Texas Mission. One of the Elders is from South America.
I'm learning alot here in the MTC! It's the best! Brett, you will love it here; never let it go casual. Know that as you always follow Jesus Christ, God, your loving Heavenly Father, will bless you for it.
You have been given the gift of the Holy Ghost with the promise that you will be never left alone or in doubt. Stand in holy places; there is where He will enhance you night and day. As you stay a worthy son of God, you will have the right to have the Holy Ghost with you.
I had a amazing fireside last night. The spirit was really strong; testifying that the atonement of Jesus Christ is real.
No one is perfect; everyone is either repenting or not repenting.
I know that Jesus' died for us. So that he can plead for us above.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely, Elder Wharton

No comments:

Post a Comment