serving

Elder Marcus Wharton is laboring in the Kentucky Louisville Mission.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Mon. Dec. 19, 2011 Letter from Elder Wharton

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Marcus Wharton wrote:
Dear Family,
I got the second package for Christmas. Thank ya'll so much! I love ya'll! Thanks for the addresses that you've given to me too.
This past week was pretty great, we got eight new investigators. So far, no one is progressing still. What I find or rather what Elder Trease finds impressive is the fact that we're actually finding any investigators this close to Christmas. We're also having a lot more member present lessons too.
This past Sunday lots of members came up and gave us gifts and filled our meal calender for everyday. That's pretty cool.
Friday night Elder Trease heard me sleep talking, "You're a sinner!" When ever we both sleep talk it's the best stuff ever! Elder Trease quotes scriptures in his sleep, even scriptures that he didn't even know or didn't even know that he had memorized!
Anyway, I'll talk about the three highlights of this past week. (on Tuesday) We had our ward mission leader come with us for a lesson and taught a whole family; the mother doesn't seem to interested though. Next, (on Saturday) we had a little bit of time before we had to go to a appointment so we decided to some tracting. After knocking on two doors, this guy lets us in. We taught him the Restoration lesson almost perfectly; we'll see if he progresses though. Then, (yesterday) I got to talk to a member about webdesign. He likes to look at the html and css coding too and wants to learn javascript as well! Just like me! We sounded like complete computer nerds but it was good to learn from each other. That part didn't have to do with missionary work but it was fun, ha!
Anyway, transfers are on Tuesday and Elder Trease and I are staying together. Looks like I'm going to kill off Elder Trease (he goes home after this transfer). Then next transfer I will have a new companion, most likely this area. I will get my new companion January 31st.
I love ya'll guys!
Merry Christmas!!
On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 5:01 PM,
Excellent mormon.org profile you have there Elder Wharton! Thanks for sharing.



--



No comments:

Post a Comment