serving

Elder Marcus Wharton is laboring in the Kentucky Louisville Mission.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Mon. Jan 23, 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Marcus Wharton
Howdie family!

Elder Trease and I set a baptismal date with someone this past week! I'm so excited. I haven't had a baptismal date set in months. Elder Trease says this is the most commitment that he's seen this investigator give since he's been here (he's been an investigator for several months now. "eternal-gator" is the nickname for someone that has been a former investigator and progressing investigator many times.). Hopefully he will finally give up smoking. Elder Trease says that he is the most doctrinally sound investigator he's had; he's just struggling so much with smoking! I've been praying for him.
Nothing much is going on. Elder Trease's last week is this week and he wants to go his hardest. He's looking for 31 total lessons this week... we've only gotten 17 total at our highest before. I hope we do well. I'm hoping for at least 20 or so.
Don't think I'm too focused on the key indicators; though they really show how hard you work each week, I'm more focused on teaching those that are willing and ready to come and receive the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
I love ya'll
Elder Wharton

No comments:

Post a Comment