serving

Elder Marcus Wharton is laboring in the Kentucky Louisville Mission.

Monday, August 27, 2012

4-29-12

Dear Family,
Man, I don't know what to say. Lots of wild things are happening. Thanks for all the up dates!
Wild things are happening in Kentucky as well! Whoop Whoop!!
Elder Schofield and I set three baptismal dates this past week! This hasn't happened since Lexington. We have a total of four investigators with a baptismal date and a couple of progressing investigators. It's sooo awesome! I also got a scripture memorized:
 
   "And now, I, (Elder Wharton), would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen. Wherefore, dispute not because ye see not for ye recieve no witness until after the trail of your faith.
   "For it was by faith that Christ showed himself unto our fathers after he had resien from the dead; and he showed not himself unto them until after they had faith in him. Wherefore, it must needs be that some had faith in him for he showed himself not unto the world.
   "But because of the faith of men he has shown himself unto the world, and glorified the name of the Father, and prepaired a way that thereby others might be partakers of the heavenly gift, that they might have hope for those things which he they have not seen.
   "Wherefore, ye may also have hope, and be partakers of the gift, if ye would but have faith" (Ether 12:6-9).
 
Yeah! I started memorizing that one at the beginning of the week by taping it to the shower wall. I got several memorized now, with a couple of things that need to be buffed out though.
I know that Heavenly Father loves us and I know that the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. I see it everyday out here in the mission. I'm thankful for the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and I'm greatful to be a missionary for the Lord to expound it to others. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Loves from,
Elder Wharton

No comments:

Post a Comment