serving

Elder Marcus Wharton is laboring in the Kentucky Louisville Mission.

Monday, August 27, 2012

7-15-2012

Dearest Family,
Uncle James sounds epic. I didn't know we had a family cemetery either. All I can say is that he's in a better place now.
 
This week was pretty great, we were looking at the calender with Chris D. figuring out when would be a great day for him to be baptized. he's thinking some time in August. Also a family that Elder Allen and I found from the beginning of our last transfer came to church this past Sunday! I'm super excited for them :). The husband, W., didn't show up but the wife, and two kids came. They came for the first hour only but their little girl said, "This is the first time I wanted to stay in church and now we're leaving." She's so precious. They all liked it and have the best fellowshippers ever, the W. family, and they live right accross the street! They're going to get dunked!
 
So I gave a talk this Sunday on Prayer. I was suposed to go for 15 minutes but I accidently went 20 to 25 minutes. I tried to go as fast as I could for all the material I had! Elder Allen gave his talk last week.
 
Earlier this week we were about to start tracting but we received a phone call from a dude in Provo, Utah; he told us of a referral that he had for us. So we dropped our tracting and went straight to the referral, who was out in the sticks at the edge of our area. It was super awesome for Elder Allen and I because we've both been in the city for our whole mission so far. I think i might send pictures. The referral was a awesome lady that seems pretty interested in the Church.
 
On Saturday, Elder Allen and I tracted in the pouring rain... it was fun :). It rained like cats and dogs and all of our stuff got soaked but it's all good.
 
Also Yesturday has a funny story. Elder Allen picked a street for us to go tract called "Thunder Road" when we were planning for the day. We go and tract the road the first people soew us away rudely, the next door said no and so jokingly i turned to Elder Allen and said, "Terrible choice on road picking." The very next house the guy answers and tells us that he's vary interested in what we have to share because his grandma was about to die but that he was about to head out to the hospital to go see her before she passes on. So we gave him a copy of The Book of Mormon with a bookmark on Alma 40.
When we walked away I turned to Elder Allen, "Great choice on road picking." It's funny but you know that it's super sad for that family right now. We have an appointment with him tomorrow.
 
Anyway, I love y'all!
Elder M.Theodore Wharton

No comments:

Post a Comment