serving

Elder Marcus Wharton is laboring in the Kentucky Louisville Mission.

Monday, August 27, 2012

7-29-12

Dear Family,
Another great week over there, huh? That's perfect :).
On the subject of foods, I miss the tortilla soup. I remember when I was tired of it like Brett but in my last area a lady fed us tortilla soup and it was so good that I missed it! Anyway, on things to cook, I've been trying to think of new things to cook because I've been cooking mexican food almost all the time. Maybe if I could learn how to make the tortilla soup? About a week ago I made my first chili soup, it was great! Most of my mexican foods have rice, garlic, jalapanios and corn tortillas in them. I think my next target is to make this chicken Alfredo mushroom pasta thing that I found on the back of this 'cream of mushroom' can I got. Lately, I've been pretty crazy about sautéing.
 
This past week has been really good, Elder Allen and I only have 10 miles left to drive around, for the rest of the month, so we will be walking and biking till Wednesday. The good news is that we have several new investigators, several progressing investigators and Chris D. moved his baptismal date sooner, to August 18th! I'm excited. Brother Schofield (former Elder Schofield), is probably going to be coming to Kentucky from Utah to Chris' baptism.
I feel like I'm getting tanner from all the sunshine. Elder Allen doesn't tan, nor do I, but the funny thing is our arms and necks are tanning from all the sun. Can someone say that, 'missionary work makes you look better'?
I'm about to start my next journal soon after two more journal entries. I've grangerized my next journal and it looks cool and funny :).
 
Ok I love y'all and I'll talk to y'all next week!
Loves from Elder Wharton

No comments:

Post a Comment