serving

Elder Marcus Wharton is laboring in the Kentucky Louisville Mission.

Monday, August 27, 2012

6-3-12

Dear family,
Every time I get on here there is a lot that is happening over there. I'm glad everything is going great.
 
I'm happy today that Elder Schofield and I got Uncle and Auntie Thorn baptized and Brandon Caple and Uncle Thorn got the Aaronic Priesthood. I'm super happy for them. I can't wait to go to the Temple for each of them. I'm super excited to go with the Thorns when they get sealed next year for their anniversary.
Elder Schofield is going home and I get a new companion tomorrow (companion #4). No one knows who this Elder is that I'm getting so this will be interesting. The Spanish Elders in my area/district are becoming a trio and the district leader is one of them named Elder Duran. He'll continue to train the Elder he's been with and train this new Elder that is joining them as a trio-ship. Also the other English area in the district is turning into a zebra companionship (meaning that there will be a English missionary and a Spanish missionary in the same area).
My ward is finally going to have a ward mission leader. Ward mission leaders are key; and it's going to be super exciting this coming transfer!!! Another thing is that there is only one ward in the building that I'm at but the mission president wants the new Spanish investigators, within our ward boundaries, to come to our ward... funny thing is that I don't speak Spanish and I don't think this other Elder will know Spanish either. Our new ward mission leader knows Spanish at least (he's Mexican).
A lot of great stuff is happening in the Louisville 4th ward and I can sense some great things happening soon.
 
I love you guys! Elder Wharton

No comments:

Post a Comment