serving

Elder Marcus Wharton is laboring in the Kentucky Louisville Mission.

Monday, August 27, 2012

8-27-2012

Dear family,
 
I'm excited for y'alls trip to Idaho. Is cousin Cole home from his mission yet? I would love to go on a cruise with cousin Dalton! Mother, you're doing it real big on your emailing, Thanks for the news!
 
So President Woodbury called me on Saturday to tell me the situation for this coming transfer: He isn't going to be splitting the area into two, like we thought he was going to do. Instead he called to tell me that I was getting transferred over to Mount Sterling, back to the Lexington North Zone. He wanted to call me to be a district leader for that district (Winchester district) and my new companion will be a new Elder named Elder Downs. He's been out for six weeks now and I will be follow-up training him.
 
I'm sad that I will be leaving this area. I really love this ward, the Louisville 4th ward. There's so much that is going to be happening here very soon. For example, Brother Thorn will be receiving the Melchizedek Priesthood this next week. he's only been baptized three weeks now. Does that tell you how much or how awesome Brother Thorn is? I'll miss the Thorns so much. Elder Allen, former Elder Schofield and I have taught and served many people here and I will miss them. 
 
That's pretty much the news, I'm sad that most of our investigators didn't come to church this Sunday.
 
By the way, did I tell y'all last week that Brother Thorn confirmed the Aaronic Priesthood to Chris Dearing?
 
I love y'all, tell Auntie Debra sorry that I didn't write her this past week while she was staying over there. I didn't get your email before I got off the computer.
 
I'm going to try to send photos... next week I'll tell y'all my direct emailing address.
 
Loves from, Elder Wharton

No comments:

Post a Comment