serving

Elder Marcus Wharton is laboring in the Kentucky Louisville Mission.

Monday, August 27, 2012

ps- transfers are on the 17th and I don't know if I'm going to be transferred or not. I hope I stay!


On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Marcus Wharton
Dear Family,
Thanks for the email. I haven't got to listen to the voice mail because I don't have my library earphones with me. I'm glad you like the mixes. Yes it's been in the triple digits all week last week.
 
I'm going to have to make this a bit short because Elder Allen and I set some important appointments right after library time. I didn't want to take some of my preparation day and my communication to y'all shorter but these are important investigators and they're hard to catch so today would be the best day for them.  I have been trying to teach them together probably since he's been here in the Louisville 4th ward. They're just so busy and they seem pretty solid. The story behind it is awesome:
Elder Allen and I were riding our bikes trying to make our contact 20 people a day thing (outside of tracting). So we came into a neighborhood aimlessly when suddenly a bunch of people started to come out of the house. Turns out that their power went off! So Elder Allen and I were going door to door talking to everyone while tons of kids were running up and down the street. So we find the house of one of the new members that moved in and right after we talked to them we ran into this man.. "W." was pretty interested in the Restoration and since then, he and J/, has been having great fellowship by their new neighbors (the new family that moved into the ward). They haven't been to church yet because they are really busy but they really want to come this Sunday.
Chris D. is also doing well, still hasn't shared a dunk date that he wants yet. We haven't had a lesson with Chad D. this past week since he's been out of town but he still has a dunk date for August 18th. Elder Allen and I also have lots of potential investigators too that have some promise.
 
Anyway, I love all of y'all and I'll talk to y'all next week,
Elder M.Theodore Wharton

No comments:

Post a Comment