serving

Elder Marcus Wharton is laboring in the Kentucky Louisville Mission.

Monday, August 27, 2012

 4-1-12
 
Dear Family,
Everything sounds great over there. Did ya'll enjoy conference? Yes, I got the two packages and the card with all the $s in them. Thanks so much! Thanks Tonya for your fabulous-ness! I don't really need any money but thanks! 
The ward here feeds us very well... to the point that I'm getting fat! ha. They don't even sign up to feed us and they manage to feed us every night!
 
So It's going great over here. Elder Schofield and I are having success and a crazy time together. Like this past week we had a awesome experience. Elder Schofield and I are tracting down this neighborhood of a member who invited us for dinner when we come up to these two ladies. We have a discussion of the Restoration with them, while there was chaos going on all around us (their dog was running around licking everyone and the kids where going wild). By the end of our discussion, we taught and committed Crystal to say the closing prayer, Before we left, one lady told us that she was having trouble and a difficult time these past few weeks. She prayed that God would help her and she told us that we were the answer to her prayer. 
Later that evening, after our dinner appointment, we went to teach an in-active member's husband the Restoration. By the end of the lesson the same experience we had earlier happened. The in-active member told us that every time she'd pray on what church she needed to attend that there where missionaries that would arrive at her door. Note that Elder Schofield and I found her and her family a couple days before and didn't know that there was a member living there. In fact, we didn't even have her in our area's records.
 
I loved General Conference this past weekend. I feel like I've received personal revelation that I need to go to BYU, Provo for school. I know that there wasn't much from General Conference, if any, that talked about schooling. I feel also that this was a answer from a prayer that I had before the mission. Anyway, that will just be something to look forward to after my mission. Right now I need to focus on my mission. Besides, everyday has been great, full of laughs, crazy and Spiritual.
 I love ya'll so much!
I'm grateful for the examples and principles that ya'll have taught me over my whole life.
Loves from, Elder Wharton

No comments:

Post a Comment