serving

Elder Marcus Wharton is laboring in the Kentucky Louisville Mission.

Monday, August 27, 2012

5-6-12

Dear family,
Man, every time I get on there is something awesome happening as well as a situation such as Kalaya Gaddis getting sick or Ke Ke getting sick a couple of emails ago. I hope they all get better. Sure mother, I already gave them a silent prayer that they will be safe.
This past week was great but a slow one on missionary work. This past week was called Derby week. There's a place next to our ward boundaries called Church Hill Downs, which is a horse track. What's funny is that all the Elders in the district call it the great and spacious building. Nevertheless, the whole district gathered together downtown and we IQ'ed (Inspirational Questioned) several blocks. And man, that definitely went down in my journal. There was so many characters downtown. I was with a Greenie Spanish Elder. He and I found a lady who sacrificed animals (she didn't want to hear what we had to say but when we were leaving the conversation switched to that we both loved web design... ha), we ran into the KFC guy, a inactive member, the tin man and others. It was great! The Spanish Elder even found a solid new investigator. Anyway, I love going downtown to IQ people, but I noticed you don't get to see much progress in it because alot of it turns into referrals.
But I know that, "the Book of Mormon is the instrument that God designed to 'sweep the earth with a flood, to gather out [His] elect' (Moses 7:62)" (President Ezra Taft Benson). I know that when we apply the principles in the Book of Mormon that it improves the quality of life and can help bring knowledge on how to receive everlasting life.
I love ya'll and have fun!
Elder Wharton
 
ps- Yeah lets skype! I don't know the username but I can get either Brother or Sister Thorn to text ya'll the username on Mothers' day. I'll skype ya'll at 4:00pm my time (3:00pm ya'lls time).

No comments:

Post a Comment